We realise that our mandate to disciple all Nations begins in Edenvale. As it turns out, we have many Nations right here on our doorstep, thanks to our urban environment. Thus as we reach Edenvale we know it will send ripple effects that may end up at the Ends of the Earth!
We also believe that God has placed us here, for this time, and we heartily embrace our mandate to be a Gospel presence in our city. At EBC we divide this Gospel work into two parts:
- Gospel Declaration
- Gospel Demonstration
We recognise that the primary need of mankind is to be reconciled to God, and that this happens through the declaration of the Gospel. However, we also recognise that our actions will go a long way in demonstrating this Gospel that we speak of, and perhaps opening doors for Gospel Declaration. We thus have Gospel Demonstration Ministries that assist our declaration efforts.
Our current Gospel Declaration ministries include:
- Chaplains: This ministry consists of a few of our Church members who serve with the Emergency Services and minister to people affected by trauma and crime.
- Difference Maker Days (D-Day): On three Saturdays in the year the Church assembles as a team to perform various Gospel witness activities in Edenvale.
- Prison Ministry: A team of people provide an outreach into the prisons in Johannesburg
Our current Gospel Demonstration ministries include:
- Tabitha House: One of our partner outreach organisations that oversees the Ruth Ministry which assists women in a pregnancy crisis, providing counseling and various other resources, and the Lazarus Ministry which hosts the homeless in our community once a month and provides them with biblical counsel and food packs. For more information go to www.tabithahouse.co.za
- Khanyisa feeding scheme: We participate in a network of Churches that provides food for approx 150 people every day in Edenvale.
- Hidden Treasure: This ministry generates funds through the running of several second hand stores around JHB. The Edenvale branch is the backbone of financial support for Tabitha House.
- Hidden Place: This ministry focuses on ministering to the children in Alexandra township, through camps and local outreach.
- Aurora Christian School: This school was started by members of our Church, who provide Primary School education for approximately 100 children in the Bapsfontein Area.
(011) 609 5225