Incorporating the Gospel into everyday life is not an easy task. Human hearts are vulnerable, hardened by the weariness of life, and there is an enemy of the soul who aims to undermine our faith. All of this means that we take the role of biblical counselling seriously, as a safe place where the intersection between faith and life can be processed.
The primary way in which we offer biblical counseling is through our Counseling Support Groups. These groups are often led by trained lay counselors, who utilise certified curriculum developed specifically for each counselling need. We believe in the power of community-based support, allowing God to minister to people through others who are processing similar struggles. Some of the Support we offer includes:
- Marriage & Marriage preparation:
- Love & Respect
- What did you Expect?
- The Alpha Marriage Course
- Why Marriage?
- Griefshare: Helping those dealing with the death of a loved one
- Celebrate Recovery: Help for those dealing with Hurts, Hang-ups & Habits (including addictions)
- Dealing with Divorce: Processing the pain associated with marital breakdown
We do realise that there are certain situations where it may become necessary for a trained counsellor in the church to be involved in the counselling process. If you are a member of EBC and feel the need to speak with a trained counsellor regarding biblical counselling, please contact our Pastor in charge of Counselling.
(011) 609 5225